Introduction to Reiki
Reiki is a holistic method of relaxation, healing, and balancing on all levels. It can be used safely on babies, children, adults, Seniors and your favorite pet.
- Sessions usually last about an hour.
- Client is fully clothed and there is no manipulation of the body. Wearing loose comfortable clothes is suggested.
- The practitioner places their hands lightly on or slightly above the client’s body in a series of hand positions. These include positions around the head and shoulders, the stomach, and feet.
- There is no energy exchange between the client and the practitioner. Reiki energy is transferred through the hands of the practitioner (as a conduit) to the client. The client’s body only takes the amount of energy that it needs. There is no such thing as receiving too much Reiki.
- Reiki feels like a soft wave of flowing good vibe energy.
The Reiki Principles
The philosophy of Reiki is rooted in five principles. These principles provide guidance for healing and balancing your Reiki energy.